Yale Cordage's single-braid Ultrex 12 rope offers a hard-to-beat combination of properties. Its Dyneema SK-78 has low creep and is good for high static-load jobs like upwind halyards. The UV-stable and abrasion resistant fiber is further enhanced by Yale's MaxiJacket coating supplying superior abrasion resistance.
Ultrex's braid angles and twist level are designed to optimize break strength and keep stretch low.
Ultrex 12 is offered in 1/16" diameter - the smallest Dyneema single braid available.
- Great for lashing point attachment for all types of hardware – lashing blocks and sheaves to deck or spar fittings. Securing end of life lines or vertical lifeline lashing for safety. Dyneema SK-78 has low creep and is good for high static-loads like upwind halyards.
Cover Material: No cover
Core Material: Dyneema SK-78
- Ultrex’s Dyneema SK-78 core does not absorb water, so it stays lightweight and flexible even in freezing conditions. This single braid construction is durable, but very small so it is susceptible to abrasion if run over a hard surface. Such a small diameter will not last long against a sharp edge so make sure lashing points are smooth.
- Dyneema’s UV-stable and abrasion resistant fiber is further enhanced by Yale's MaxiJacket coating.
End Termination: Melted
- Ends can be easily melted.
- Can be spliced with a 12-strand eye splice. Small diameters can potentially be spliced; however, the tiny size makes it challenging to find appropriate tools and can be difficult to see such small details.
|Size: Inches||Size: Millimeters||Tensile Strength (lbs.)||Weight in Lbs/100 ft.|
|Line Application||Control Line|
|Line Construction||Single Braid|
|Core Material||Dyneema SK-60|
Hi, this is Kyle from APS and I'm here to share with you some of the characteristics of Ultrex 12 1/16” diameter by Yale Cordage. This is a DSK 78 single braid, and it is the smallest diameter single braid and Dyneema that we have. It is braided such that you can actually eye splice this if you've got tools and patience enough to put a double braid, or excuse me a single braid eye splice in it. It's DSK 78, it is coated and if you've got some lashing jobs where you want really a small diameter, you don't have much space to work with, this would be the stuff to use.
It's a great utility line also, if you keep a number of feet of this onboard because of its strength. You'd be amazed what a few lashes of this are capable of doing. Kind of a niche, single braid, but we do actually sell quite a bit of it.
This is Ultrex 12 1/16” by Yale Cordage. For these and all of your line needs, visit us at APSLTD.com.