Take a look at what made the cut for the Mid Distance Sailing Packing List
As the sailing season gets back into full swing, many sailors will be gearing up for mid-distance races such as Annapolis to Bermuda and Newport to Bermuda — both excellent races to push personal and equipment limitations.
I’m sailing the Annapolis to Bermuda. For this race, I’ll be packing all (except for my foul weather gear, boots, and PFD) my gear into a 30 Liter gear bag for weight and space saving purposes.
What’s covered in the video:
Packing list for sun protection..
- (1) Long sleeve button up shirt
- (2) Long sleeve tech shirt
- (1) Short Sleeve Tech Shirt
- (1) Full Brim Sun Hat
- (1) Face sun mask or Neck Gaiter
- (1) Polarized Sunglasses
- (2) High SPF waterproof sunscreen
- (1) High SPF lip balm
Packing list for my every day wear..
- (1) Fast drying shorts non padded
- (1) Fast drying shorts padded
- (1) Tech Polo Shirt
- (4) Fast drying tech underwear
- (1 pr) Fast drying deck shoes
Packing List for the cooler nights..
I chose a few key base layers and mid layers that work great underneath my foul weather gear.
- (1) A warm Beanie for my head
- (1 ea) Wicking base layers (top and bottom)
- (1 pr) Merino wool Heavy Insulated Socks
- (1 ea) Insulating mid layers (top and bottom)
Packing list for accessories..
Curious about what foul weather gear I’m taking? Check back in with me in a few weeks.
APS is the World Leader in Outfitting Sailors
Our sailor staff is happy to answer any questions