Career Opportunities at APS
APS, The World Leader in Outfitting Sailors, is a growing company always looking for motivated sailors to join the team. With a passion for sailing and drive to provide sailors with a superior customer experience, we pride ourselves on our sailing knowledge and experience.
We are in a perfect location in the heart of the maritime district in Eastport, Annapolis, where you’ll have easy access to the three major sailing clubs in town. From dinghy to offshore, plenty of sailing opportunities await. It’s not just a job, it’s a lifestyle.
We offer competitive wages, benefits for all year round employees and fabulous discounts on our products.
SALES & CUSTOMER SERVICE
If you have a passion for sailing, enjoy talking to and helping sailors, are a sailing ‘gear-head,’ turn your sailing knowledge and experience into a career. APS is currently looking to add to our Sales and Customer Service team. Our Sales and Customer service team works as solution providers and educators helping sailors find and purchase the best product to suit their needs. Not only will you be assisting customers, but like all team members at APS your role will focus on providing a great customer experience and creating customers for life.
- Communicate with our customers and help them select the best sailing gear to meet their needs
- Process phone, web, email, fax and mail order inquiries acting as a sales and service consultant within company policies to achieve customer satisfaction.
- Process and/or troubleshoot order returns, exchanges within company policies to achieve customer satisfaction and enhance their overall experience with APS.
- Act as brand ambassadors for APS and add value to overall the customer experience utilizing your sailing knowledge and experience.
- Look for ways to improve APS processes, procedures, services, and products
- Continually look for and suggest ways to improve customers shopping experience on the APS website to ensure we remain the preferred online retailer for sailing products.
- Contribute to APS's overall marketing efforts when possible by writing blogs, product reviews and noting new and innovative solutions and products.
- Experienced and passionate about cruising or racing sailboats
- Knowledgeable and enthusiastic about sailing and the APS product offering
- Ability to communicate in a clear, professional manner
- Experience using Microsoft Office, including Excel, Word & PowerPoint
- Ability to quickly learn about APS products, processes, and software
- Strong organizational and follow through skills
- Ability to prioritize multiple tasks and work in a fast paced environment
Education and Experience
- High School Diploma required, Bachelor's Degree or higher preferred
- Previous experience sailing a wide variety of sailboats
We offer competitive wages, health insurance including dental/vision, paid vacation, paid holidays, a retirement plan, and fabulous discounts on our products. APS is located in the self-proclaimed ‘sailing capital’ of the U.S. Sailing experience is preferred, but not required. Compensation commensurate with experience.
How to Apply
Interested parties should EMAIL to Employment@apsltd.com their cover letter, business resume and BRIEF SAILING RESUME for immediate consideration.
$500 APS Gift Certificate for Referrals
Do you know someone who would be a perfect fit? If you refer someone to us who is hired we will give you a $500 APS gift certificate after their 30th day of employment. Just be sure to send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org with their name and the position you are referring them for. This must be done prior to them applying for the position, and must be in email format sent to email@example.com.