FSE Robline's 8 Plait Pro is a pre-stretched line with a great feel. The Polyester and Taslam blended cover makes for a fantastic hold in hands and cleats. The stretch is very low, making it a great control line. Some proven benefits of 8 Plait Pro include its compactness, dimensional stability and minimal water absorption. This line makes an especially good dinghy spinnaker halyard thanks to its shape and stability, however also works well as any control line on dinghies and small keelboats.
- Common applications for 8 Plait Pro include dinghies and small keelboat travelers, backstay adjusters, outhauls, topping lifts, spinnaker halyards and more.
- This line is nubby and very grippy allowing it to hold very well in both hands and cleats. It is a little stiff, which allows it to travel through blocks quickly and reduce kinking.
Cover Material: Polyester/ Taslan
- 8 Plait Pro features a polyester and Taslan nylon blend. The combination of these two fibers produces a great cover, which is comfortable and nice to hold.
Core Material: Polyester
- A Pre-stretched polyester core gives this line its long lasting shape. The core is not coated, and is not durable enough to be stripped.
End Termination: Melted
- Melts easily. Use knots to terminate. If installing in permanent position, hog rings can be used to secure.
|Size: Inches||Size: Millimeters||Tensile Strength (lbs.)||Weight in Lbs/100 ft.|
|Line Application||Spinnaker Halyard, Control Line|
|Line Construction||Double Braid|
|Cover Material||Poyester, Nylon|