FSE Robline Dinghy Control Line
Line and wire is sold by the foot.
FSE Robline Dinghy Control Line is an all-around high-tech line used for any type of control line on dinghies, sportboats, or small keelboats. It is the most popular control line we sell. It works great on all types of dinghy vangs, travelers, outhauls, etc. Dinghy control makes a great halyard line on dinghies as well thanks to its low stretch Dyneema core.
- Great spinnaker halyard line on dinghies, small keelboats and sportboats like a J22, J70 etc. The stiff cover helps it zip down during douses. Runs well through blocks making it great for all control lines.
- Dinghy control has smooth, tightly woven cover creating a fairly stiff.
Cover Material: Polyester
- The super tightly woven 32-plait polyester cover makes it a very durable, fairly stiff line. Because of these characteristics, the cover wears well in cleats, and runs quickly through purchase systems and blocks. Cover can be stripped, but is difficult to do smooth transition.
Core Material: Dyneema SK-78
- The Dyneema SK-78 core is coated and tightly woven, which helps the core stand up to abrasion and snagging in applications where cover is stripped. The color-coded core also makes it easily recognizable in complex boat handling situations.
End Termination: Melted
- Ends melt easily for line termination.
- Very difficult to splice. However, if an eye splice is needed for a halyard, you can strip back the cover a couple inches and whip the end securely in place. Then you can 12-strand eye splice the core to the halyard shackle, etc.
- Cover can be stripped and burried but difficult to make a smooth transition.
|Size: Inches||Size: Millimeters||Tensile Strength (lbs.)||Weight in Lbs/100 ft.|
California WARNING: Using this product will expose you to formaldehyde, a chemical known to the State of California to cause birth defects or other reproductive harm www.P65Warnings.ca.gov.
|Line Application||Main Halyard, Jib/Genoa Halyard, Spinnaker Halyard, Control Line|
|Line Construction||Double Braid|
|Core Material||Dyneema SK-78|
|Can Strip Cover?||Yes|
FSE Robline is a manufacturer out Austria of whose lines have been becoming more commonplace on US boats in the past few years. They offer a wide range of lines from dinghy sheets to high tech PBO halyards. For 2009 APS will be adding their Dinghy Control line to our offering.
Dinghy Control line is made from a SK75 Dyneema core with a polyester cover. The cover is a hard wearing 32 carrier braid that I think feels like some of the most durable cover I've ever held. It accomplishes this durability without becoming stiff - even with the tightly woven cover the line remains quite flexible.
The Dyneema core is color coated - enabling the cover to be stripped back for reduced weight and water absorption. Dinghy Control is available in red, blue, green & yellow - all with the same white/color checker pattern shown in the blue line pictured above.
I think this line will make an excellent control line for boats up to 30 ft or so. I know, you could have figured that just from its name. So FSE Robline isn't exactly into fancy names - that's a good thing I say. The cover is super durable and easy to grip. The ability to strip the cover and have a coated core offers extra advantages to the go fast guys who need to trim weight whenever possible.
Look for this line to be available from APS starting this spring and to be used in some of our custom one design rigging. We'll be offering it in both 5mm and 6mm.
Hi, this is Kyle from APS. I'm here to share with you some of the characteristics of dinghy control line by FSE Robline.
This line is available in six colors and in five diameters. We've got the 1/16”, 1/8”, 5/32”, 3/16”, and ¼”. This has a 32 carrier. 32 individual yarns are braided to make this jacket, so it's smooth, but somehow they've got this kind of micro-nub in the weaving and it gives it a grip-ability, so hard-wearing and still easy to hold onto, an all polyester jacket. The core of this is DSK 78 Dyneema. It's coated and you can strip the jacket back, bury it, have the ends light on this. In that case, you could do a 12 strand eye splice on the end. You could, on the larger diameters, do a hi-tech eye splice with the jacket on. Anywhere that you want a low stretch hard-wearing line and in some cases where you want to really get the weight down by removing the jacket. This would be great on dinghies and small keel boats, sport boats, j-70s, all that kind of area.
Here's the 1/16”. I said that the cores are coded. They didn't imagine that we'd try and splice or sptrip this small one. This is a parallel Dyneema core and it's uncoded, so this is not to be spliced or stripped. As soon as we get up to the 1/8”, we've gone back to the coded core, and there's the braid of that. This is the 1/8”, and then moving up to 5/32”, and the core on that 5/32”. Moving up to 3/16” and the core on the 3/16”. Lastly, the largest diameter, the ¼”. Nice and grippable, and the core.
This is dinghy control line by FSE Robline. For these and all of your line needs, visit us at APSLTD.com.