J109 Mainsheet Swivel Base Retrofit Kit
J109 sailors have found that after extended use the Harken mainsheet swivel base with the H150 Cam-Matic has had the clevis pin pulling out of the top cap of the base of the arm, resulting in damage of the base top cap. Oyster Bay Boat Shop has built a retrofit kit with a stronger delrin base top cap unit that won't give where it meets the clevis pin.
The J109 Mainsheet Swivel Base Retrofit Kit from Oyster Bay Boat Shop is an upgrade that's easy to install yourself.
Directions for Retrofit Installation:
- 1. Flip the new base cap up.
- 2. Place all of the ball bearings inside of the base cap.
- 3. Place the four screws into base cap.
- 4. Put the flipped base cap at the edge of a table(screws pointing into the air).
- 5. Slide the upside-down cam arm joint onto the protruding pins of the base cap.
- 6. Flip the base cap and arm compilation over and join it with the bottom piece of the base cap.
- 7. Be sure to align the two teeth of the bottom part of the base cap configuration pointing in the opposite direction of the arm protrusion.
- 8. While holding the bottom of the base cape insert the new retrofitted cam arm into the base on your boat.
- 9. Make sure it swivels and then screw it in.
- 10. Then you can attach the new U-adapter and the rest of the mainsheet system to the new ¼" clevis pin.
Parts Included in Base Retrofit Kit:
|Fasteners (in)||#10 FH|
|Fasteners (mm)||5 FH|
|Hole Spacing (in)||3/4|
|Hole Spacing (mm)||19|