Marlow Ropes Marstron Line
Line and wire is sold by the foot.
Marlow Ropes' Marstron Line is a lightweight polypropylene single braid that is soft to handle and easy to coil. Marston floats and does not kink. This fast running and buoyant line is often used for Laser or Optimist painters, or bowlines. In cases where stretch and durability are not a factor, Marston can be used as a dinghy or small keelboat mainsheet. Due to the make of the line, Marstron should be covered or stored inside when not in use. UV damage will degrade the line making it weaker and unpleasant to hold.
- Great for dinghy painters or small keelboat mainsheets, where stretch is not a concern.
- Marstron is a nubby line with a soft feel, great for grip and soft to handle.
Cover Material: No cover
Core Material: Polypropylene
- The 8-plait continuous-filament Polypropylene construction is lightweight, flexible, easy to coil and soft to handle. While Polypropylene floats and will not absorb water, be aware of moderate stretch and lower UV stability and abrasion resistance.
End Termination: Melted
- Marstron melts easily for line termination.
- Construction of line makes splicing too difficult.
|Size: Inches||Size: Millimeters||Tensile Strength (lbs.)||Weight in Lbs/100 ft.|
|Line Application||Mainsheet, Painter/Tow Line|
|Line Construction||Single Braid|
|Can Strip Cover?||No|
Hi this is Kyle from APS. I'm here to share with you some of the characteristics of Marstron Line by Marlow Ropes.
This is available in four diameters, 3/16”, ¼”, 5/16” and 7/16”. This is primarily a mainsheet line for dinghies and small keelboats. It's made of 100% polypropylene. That means that it will float so it makes it perfect for a painter, for towing boats. It's soft. It's flexible. It is all polypropylene so it's not the most UV stable so if you have the opportunity when you're not using the boat to take it off or put it under cover, it'll extend the life of this.
It also has the way they braided it, it's quite nubby if you will. That gives it a surface it makes it easier to hold onto. Let's see, starting with the 3/16”, very flexible, and the ¼”, 5/16”, our most popular dinghy mainsheet diameter, and 7/16”.
This is Marstron Line by Marlow Ropes. For these and all of your line needs, visit us at APSltd.com.