Maxwell VW 1000 Rope/Chain Vertical Capstan Windlass
The VW 1000 Rope/Chain Vertical Capstan Windlass from Maxwell is for boats 27-43ft in length. It provides the versatility of operating two anchors from one winch. It offers functional rope hauling from any direction with an independent MAX-grip snag-free warping drum with clutch disengagement of the chainwheel for positive control of all ropes. High-quality finish on above deck components, manufactured from marine-grade 316 stainless steel and chromed bronze, for long term durability.
The cone type brake/clutch mechanism permits manual free fall anchoring. Cone clutches, unlike dog clutches, provide smooth progressive engagement ensuring safe operator control. Through deck installation is easy thanks to the modular design and precise alignment of the gearbox to the topworks utilizing marine-grade stainless steel bolts.
This Maxwell windlass does not come with switches or a circuit breaker. They are available and need to be ordered separately, the appropriate accessories can be found in the accessories selection guide here: Maxwell Electrical Accessories Guide.
- Easily disassembled for servicing.
- Chainwheel locking pawl
- Anodized aluminum gearbox spacer
- Permits use of traditional shackle and thimble rope and chain connection.
- Heavy duty, dual direction motor, designed for marine winches.
- Marine grade anodized aluminum gearbox and spacer.
- Allows alternative mounting horizontally on a fore and aft bulkhead inside chain locker for below deck installation.
Standard Equipment Included:
- Emergency crank/clutch release handle
- Chainwheels to suit available chain sizes
Equipment needed for operation (must purchase separately):
- Circuit breaker isolator panel(not included)
- Windlass electrical Controls
|Static Hold||1500 kg
1/4" - 3/8"
|Power Supply (DC)||12 or 24V|
|Net Weight (Electric)||22kg
|Hydraulic Flow||20 l/min
|Net Weight (Hydraulic)||15kg
|G (Std deck clearance)*||100mm
|G (Extra deck clearance)||150mm
|H (Working height of drum for rope warping)||44mm