New England Ropes DCS Dyneeema Cover
Line and wire is sold by the foot.
New England Ropes Dyneema Chafe Sleeve (DCS) is designed to handle the friction/abrasion around very tight radius applications such as halyards, stops, and soft shackles and protect the line it is sleeved over. Three size options permit use with cores of Dyneema, Technora, Vectran, PBO, and more. Use cover only in areas that see high abrasion or friction. Excels in areas where the line should slide, like halyard exits.
- Common applications for DCS include around eye splices, halyards at sheave box exit points, or anywhere there is high abrasion on a line. It is not recommended for use in clutches or cleats. Perfect for use with high tech cores or twelve strands.
- DCS cover as a very smooth almost slippery feel.
Cover Material: Dyneema
- The 100% Dyneema chafe sleeve is tightly woven with a 48-carrier twill pattern to stand up to the harshest of conditions.
Core Material: No Cover
End Termination: Melted, see note
- DCS can be fused together with heat, but whipping is recommended after installing core.
- Can be spliced with high tech double braid splice when installed over core although the tight weave makes splicing harder than average.
|Cover Size||Accepts Core (Inches)||Accepts Core (Millimeters)|
|5/32" (4mm)||1/8" - 5/32"||3mm - 4mm|
|1/4" (6mm)||3/16" - 1/4"||5mm - 6mm|
|5/16" (8mm)||1/4" - 5/16"||6mm - 8mm|
Hi. This is Kyle from APS. I'm here to share with you some of the characteristics of DCS Dyneema Cover Only by New England Ropes.
This is a tubular weave of Dyneema. It's got 48 carriers which is a lot. It's very smooth, tightly woven. It exists basically to cover high tech single braids where they're put into service in abrasive area. Say you've got a single braid halyard coming out of a sheave box on the mast and it keeps abraiding on the side plates or you're terminating an eye to another metal eye on the deck and it's a little bit abrasive. You can add this jacket to those areas. Sleeve it over top, bury it back in. This isn't really taking any load. It's just there to protect the single braid on the inside. If it wears out, you can replace it, but you've still got a good usable piece of single braid.
It is not recommended to use this around cleats or clutches. It is Dyneema, it's slippery. It's not for bulking. It's really just for protecting single braids on the inside.
We have a chart on our website that will match up the different sizes. The 3 millimeter, 5 millimeter, and 6 millimeter to the appropriate sized single braids that would go inside of those.
This is DCS Dyneema Cover Only by New England.
For these and any of your line needs visit us at APSltd.com.