New England Ropes HTS-99 Dyneema Line
Line and wire is sold by the foot.
Ultra-light and exceptionally strong, New England Ropes HTS-99 High Modulus Lightweight Dyneema® line employs 100% Dyneema® SK-99 fiber. This high-modulus fiber has increased strength and excellent creep resistance. Size-for-size this 12-strand line has the same strength as steel, yet is so light it floats.
We recommend all sailors keep a couple 5-10 ft. pieces of this rope in a few different diameters on the boat as backup—perfect for emergency replacements or repairs if a hound or shackle fails.
- Uncovered applications include primaries in cascades, vangs, traveler bridles, trapezes on dinghies, stops, and loops—great as a wire replacement.
- Covered with Yale or New England Ropes covers, use for lightweight sheets for big boats, all halyards, tack lines.
- It works well as a replacement for wire outhauls or wire halyards to prevent issues from burs in wire and save extra weight.
- In hand, this rope is very flexible, very smooth and slippery. These characteristics mean that it works great for purchase systems above and below deck, but will need to be covered in areas where cleats are involved. If needed, APS can cover all or part of this line with a Polyester or Hi-Tech abrasion and heat-resistant jacket to provide you with better handling and cleating.
Cover Material: No cover
Core Material: 100% Dyneema SK-99
- This torque-free, 12-strand single braid is made with Samson's proprietary blue Samthane coating over Dyneema SK-78 fiber. Dyneema has extremely low-stretch properties, superior flex, and wear resistance. The fully coated, tightly woven core provides great abrasion resistance so that it can be used in various applications all over the boat.
End Termination: Melted
- Ends can be melted but the line does not melt together as well as polyester. However, Dyneema® will fuse together and the tight weave will limit fraying.
- Very easy to splice with a 12-strand eye splice.
|Size: Inches||Size: Millimeters||Tensile Strength (lbs.)||Weight in Lbs/100 ft.|
|Line Application||Main Halyard, Jib/Genoa Halyard, Control Line, Backstay, Lifelines|
|Core Material||Dyneema SK-99|
|Can Strip Cover?||No|