New England Ropes Poly Tec SK78 Line
Line and wire is sold by the foot.
New England Ropes Poly Tec SK-78 Line is a high tech line built for performance. A Polyester and Technora blended cover combined with a Dyneema SK-78 core creates an abrasion resistant, low stretch line built for durability.
Poly Tec is perfect for all sheets or runners that see a lot of wear and tear on winches. With a nice feel and great grip, it is perfect for continuously handled lines like runner tails, mainsheets, and genoa or spinnaker sheets.
- Common applications include sheets as well as runner on large keelboats.
- Poly Tec has a grippy and easy to hold onto cover that remains smooth.
Cover Material: Polyester and Technora
- The Polyester and Technora blended cover create superior abrasion and cut resistance. The tight weave makes if more durable, although moderately difficult to splice.
Core Material: Dyneema SK-78
- Poly Tec’s Dyneema SK-78 core is designed for low stretch performance. The coated core is constructed with a compact weave for durability when cover is removed. The core is easy to splice.
End Termination: Cut, then whipped
- The cover cannot be melted. To terminate the line should be whipped and sealed.
- Spliceable, Poly Tec makes a great high tech double braid eye splice.
- Stripped applications work well on spin sheets for big and small keelboats, especially sportboats.
|Size: Inches||Size: Millimeters||Tensile Strength (lbs.)||Weight in Lbs/100 ft.|
|Line Application||Mainsheet, Jib/Genoa Sheet, Spinnaker Sheet, Control Line, Spinnaker Guy, Running Backstay|
|Line Construction||Double Braid|
|Core Material||Dyneema SK-78|
|Cover Material||Polyester, Technora|
|Can Strip Cover?||Yes|
Hi. This is Kyle from APS and I'm here to share with you some of the characteristics of Poly Tec SK-78 line from New England. It's available in 1/4, 5/16 and 3/8, and in these three colors. It is a double braid construction. The jacket is a mix of polyester and Technora. The Technora is, being much more abrasion resistant than polyester and most of their fibers makes this an excellent line to upgrade to if you've got an existing line that's being eaten up in a clutch or on a wench, like a runner or a sheet. You're going to get a lot longer serviceable life with that Technora blend in that jacket.
The cores are the SK-78 Dyneema. They are coated so that you can strip the jacket, bury it, if you want to expose the working end and reduce the weight on the working end of the line. If you do an eye splice it would be a high tech eye splice. This is the quarter inch, maybe slightly on the stiff side, but that could be just the coating on the core. The core, kind of a medium to almost slightly a tight braid angle. Moving up to the 5/16, again we see a pretty tight braid angle on the core. Moving up to the 3/8, a slightly more open braid angle on that core.
That's Poly Tec SK-78 by New England. For these and all of your line needs visit us at apsltd.com.