New England Ropes Regatta Braid Line
Line and wire is sold by the foot.
New England Ropes Regatta Braid line is a unique 100% polyester 12-strand single braid. The soft touch and durability will not be degraded by UV rays, allowing it to hold up well over time. A great cruising boat line, Regatta Braid works well as a mainsheet, traveler, vang, outhaul or other control line.
- Regatta braid excels in cruising applications, especially mainsheets.
- Regatta braid is very soft and flexible with a nubby feel that’s easy to hold in hands.
Cover Material: No cover
Core Material: Polyester
- The 12-strand polyester single braid is made with spun filament for improved handling and grip, even when wet. This line will absorb some water but the soft hand makes it great for sheets. Low degradation from UV light prolongs its life. Regatta braid will compress a little in cleats, and is not recommended for use with clutches. Cam cleat use is suggested.
End Termination: Melted
- Regatta braid can be melted for end termination.
- Very difficult to splice, not recommended
|Size: Inches||Size: Millimeters||Tensile Strength (lbs.)||Weight in Lbs/100 ft.|
|Line Application||Mainsheet, Jib/Genoa Sheet|
|Line Construction||Single Braid|
|Can Strip Cover?||No|
Hi, this is Kyle from APS and I'm here to share with you some of the characteristics of regatta braid line by New England Ropes. This is a very unique line. It is an all polyester single braid line, perfect for cruising boats in so many applications. It is round. It is soft. It's also nubby. It's easy to hold onto. Because it's polyester it's going to hold up to abrasion, UV, so if you can imagine this is a main sheet, a jib sheet, a control line. It's kind of a delight to hold onto. It's available in this one color way and in four diameters – ¼”, 5/16’, 3/8’, and 7/16’.
It is not recommended to splice this. It looks like you could do a 12 strand splice but it's just tight enough that it would be a real struggle to do a 12 strand splice with this so it's recommended this is tied on.
This is the ¼”. Again, very soft in the hand. 5/16’. A lot of performance for such an economical line. This is the 3/8”, and the 7/16”. That is regatta braid by New England Ropes.
For these and all your other line needs visit us at APSltd.com.