New England Ropes Sta-Set Line
Line and wire is sold by the foot.
New England Ropes Sta-Set line is a favorite all purpose line. As far as polyester lines go, Sta set offers high strength, low stretch and extreme durability while remaining soft over time. Sta Set keeps its shape due to an exceptional match of material and braiding. The life span and performance features of this line make it a great cost-effective line. Sta Set can be used as sheets, control lines, or cruising halyards.
- All applications on cruising boats. Racing boats can also use it in non critical control line applications.
- Sta Set is a flexible line that provides a soft easy to handle feel.
Cover Material: Polyester
- The polyester cover of Sta Set is a real standout feature. It holds well in cleats and clutches, is easy to grip in hands and maintains its shape well.
Core Material: Polyester
- Braided Polyester
End Termination: Melted
- Can easily be melted to terminate the ends.
- Sta Set can be easily spliced with a double braid splice.
- The uncoated core is not strong enough for stripping as double braid polyesters carry the load in both the cover and the core.
|Size: Inches||Size: Millimeters||Tensile Strength (lbs.)||Weight in Lbs/100 ft.||3/16||5||1,400||1.10|
|Line Application||Main Halyard, Jib/Genoa Halyard, Spinnaker Halyard, Mainsheet, Jib/Genoa Sheet, Spinnaker Sheet, Control Line, Spinnaker Guy|
|Line Construction||Double Braid|
|Can Strip Cover?||No|
Hi, this is Kyle from APS and I'm here to share with you some of the characteristics of Sta-Set line by New England Ropes.
This is a double braid polyester, available in all of these colors, available in diameters starting at a very small 3/16". I'm showing all the way up to 1/2" here, but it's also available in the larger 9/16" and 5/8". It is, as I mentioned, a double braid polyester. It is kind of a medium braid; it's got a little bit of texture to the cover.
Starting here with the 3/16", all of these are spliceable, in terms of putting an eye in them using a double braid eye splice, even down to the 3/16", which I have here in my hand. It's a little tight, I'll give you that. You can see that this has the braided core on the 3/16", and the 1/4", still a nice flexible line, and the core on the 1/4"; up to 5/16", 3/8", and 7/16", and the core of the 7/16", and the 1/2".
This is Sta-Set line by New England Ropes. For this and all of your line needs, visit us at apsltd.com.