Samson Ropes XLS3 Double Braid Line
Line and wire are sold by the foot.
Cruising sailors looking for optimal performance will appreciate the Samson Ropes XLS3 Line. It is a durable, workhorse of a line that is well suited for all halyards, sheets and control lines. The low-stretch polyester construction has a long life span and a smooth feel.
The many colors available make it easy to color code sheets and halyards. This ensures that any crew, experienced or not, can always identify which line to pull.
- Good for cruising sheets, control lines and halyards.
- Has a smooth cover that is comfortable hand.
Cover Material: Polyester
- XLS is made with enhanced durability through its 3-end per carrier cover construction. The smooth cover holds well in cleats and clutches.
Core Material: Polyester
- Braided polyester that does not compress easily and maintains its shape.
End Termination: Melted
- Easily melted ends but can be whipped for added durability.
- Easily spliced with a Double Braid Eye Splice.
Core is not strong enough for stripping as double braid polyesters carry the load in both the cover and the core, and is uncoated.
|Size: Inches||Size: Millimeters||Tensile Strength (lbs.)||Weight in Lbs/100 ft.|
|Line Application||Main Halyard, Jib/Genoa Halyard, Spinnaker Halyard, Mainsheet, Jib/Genoa Sheet, Spinnaker Sheet, Control Line|
|Line Construction||Double Braid|