Yale Cordage ULS Yacht Braid Line
Line and wire is sold by the foot.
ULS (Ultra Low Stretch) Yacht Braid from Yale Cordage is a double-braid polyester made with a low angle braided core. With advances in polyester fiber and this low angle core construction, ULS now maintains improved strengths, lower stretch, and improved tensile strength over traditional double braids.
This all-purpose cruising workhorse line is Ideal for just about any application where you do not need to step up to an extremely low stretch polyester double braid line. Lots of color options for easy identification.
- Halyards and sheets, cruising
- Smooth, low shine, fairly flexible, and easy to hold
Cover Material: Polyester
- With it firm hand and a smooth 24-strand braided Polyester cover, ULS is easy to handle and ensures secure cleating.
Core Material: Polyester
- Its polyester fiber and the low angle construction of the core, ULS maintains improved strength, lower stretch, and improved tensile strength over traditional double braids.
End Termination: Yes
- Ends can be easily melted but consider adding an End Whip for extra durability.
- Easy to splice cover with a Double Braid Eye Splice.
- The core is not strong enough for stripping as double braid polyesters carry the load in both the cover and the core.
|Size: Inches||Size: Millimeters||Tensile Strength (lbs.)||Weight in Lbs/100 ft.|
|Line Application||Main Halyard, Jib/Genoa Halyard, Spinnaker Halyard, Mainsheet, Jib/Genoa Sheet, Spinnaker Sheet, Control Line|
|Line Construction||Double Braid|
|Can Strip Cover?||No|
Video Transcript for Yale ULS Yacht Briad
Hi this is Kyle from APS and I'm here to share with you some of the characteristics of ULS Yacht Braid Line by Yale Cordage.
This is a double-braid polyester. It's available in seven colors, and in sizes from ¼” all the way up to ½” and beyond into 9/16” and 5/8”, and we stock it in all those diameters and in all these colors, so lots of choice there. Double-braid polyester has a twenty-four strand cover. It is soft, smooth, but not slippery. A unique characteristic of this in terms of its construction is the braided polyester core. It's what they call a low-braid angle. So you can see how long the braid angle is and the fibers are more parallel with the load, so what you end up with is a lower stretch characteristic just by braiding the polyester in such a long braid.
It does make for, when you're doing a double-braid eye splice, a loose braid so you have to be a little more diligent on your bury and keeping everything together, but once you're all done, it's a nice feature of this line. Starting here with the ¼” and the braided core, again that long braid angle, moving up to 5/16”. Again, very flexible. Good feel on the hands and that long braid angle again, and moving up to 3/8”, 3/8” core, and 7/16”, and the core of the 7/16”, and lastly I've got the ½”. Again, very flexible. Good feel in the hands, and the core on the ½”. Then it's also available in the larger 9/16” and 5/8”.
This is ULS Yacht Braid by Yale Cordage. For these and all of your line needs, visit us at APSltd.com.